On Critical Thinking
Are You Thinking What I’m Thinking – A Talk with the Folks at the EdUp Experience Podcast
The Future of Education – A Discussion with Author and Educational Visionary Michael Horn
Vox – Some thoughts on the role of skepticism and knowing
EthicsBowl.Org – What role can critical thinking play in ethical decision-making
PASS – An intriguing conversation about critical thinking with educators and students from Pakistan
The Juice – An interview on the Future of Critical Thinking and Education
Authority Magazine – Five Steps We Can Take to Restore Trust in Journalism.
Brain Bytes Back – How to Become a Skilled Critical Thinker
Fortune Magazine – Betting Markets Called the Presidential Election More Accurately Than Polls
Spectrum News – Author Discussed Critical Thinking Skills to Use in Pandemic
OAN – Why we should all calm down and use our heads post-election.
Health Guider – A conversation with Dr. Adwait Mehta, Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, about how to be a critical-thinking patient.
Inquiry – A talk with Mark Lynch from WICN Public Radio about Critical Thinking Essentials.
Dirty History Podcast – A wide-ranging conversation with teacher and podcaster Thomas Thompson on critical-thinking, education, and politics.
New Books Network – An interview with Trevor Mattea from New Books Network
Thinking Clearly – A talk with Bob and Julia, hosts of one of the only radio programs I can think of dedicated to critical thinking (a recording from KMUD California).
It’s All Journalism – A discussion of why journalists should be checking the logic, as well as the facts, behind the news.
Thinking Critically Podcast – An extended discussion with a fellow Jonathan devoted to teaching critical thinking skills.
Critical Thinking in the time of Pandemic (webinar for Lexington Public Library)
On MOOCs and the One Year BA
- Fullerton College Centennial Futures Conference (Fullerton, CA – January 31, 2014)
Previous MOOC-Related Speaking Engagements
- MIT Science and Policy Initiative (Cambridge, MA – January 31, 2014)
- MIT Tech Conference – Disrupting Life! (Cambridge, MA – February 22, 2014)
- LearnLaunch 2014 Conference (Cambridge, MA – March 1, 2014)
- Digital Media and Learning (DML Hub) 2014 Conference (Boston, MA – March 7, 2014)
- MOOCShop (Denver, CO – June 23, 2014)
- Campus Technology 2014 (Boston, MA – July 28-31, 2014)
- MIT – Digital Learning: Improving Access to Learning and Holistic Educational Outcomes (Cambridge, MA – September 23, 2014)