Why waste the next election feeling suckered, ignored or manipulated when you can follow the simple lessons in this book to become a member of the most fearsome of all demographics: the free and truly independent critical thinker.
Critical Voter will help you turn this year’s election into a learning experience that will help you hone the vital thinking skills needed to succeed in the 21st century with example after example of how to:
- Decode arguments to understand what people (including presidential candidates) are really trying to convince you to believe
- Understand when persuasive language is being used to push you one way or another, as well as how to master the persuaders’ techniques to get people to do what you want
- Identify and overcome biases (especially the ones that are holding you back)
- See past what the media is telling you
- Make the Internet your servant for discovering the truth
And much, much more…
From Cicero to Mr. Spock, from Aristotle’s logic to the latest cognitive science research, Critical Voter applies 2500 years of practical advice to today’s news to help you learn to think clearly, communicate convincingly, and live a more successful and happier life.