Today, we will be visited by Peter Bol, Harvard’s Vice Provost for Advances in Learning and one of the professors behind a new HarvardX courses on the history of China. ChinaX is one of the most ambitious MOOCs to date, one that experiments with – among other things – how a course can be defined […]
Tag Archives | harvardx
I got my biggest Halloween scare right before the sun went down and I logged into my edX account to see what ChinaX, Harvard’s latest edition to their MOOC catalog, would demand of me between now and the end of the year (when I anticipated its conclusion would wrap up my One Year BA). Imagine […]
This week Degree of Freedom interview is with Kyle Courtney, Copyright Advisor to Harvard University (including HarvardX). As hinted at yesterday, copyright (and other forms of intellectual property law) represent the biggest legal minefield for massive open online education. Infringement that might have once been given a pass in the lecture hall now represents enormous […]
This week, we’re joined by the team behind The Ancient Greek Hero, one of Harvard’s longest-running classes which has become one of the most talked about MOOCs on the Internet. Students enrolled in this edX class will recognize Professor Greg Nagy and his colleagues Leonard Muellner, Claudia Filos and Jeff Emanuel, a subset of a […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- Critical Voter Curriculum March 1, 2016
- Lance: It isn't murder to try to mitigate the damage fro...
- sam: the simple question to me is can you value life ba...
- sam: but by switching the track you are killing the one...
- Manu Mitra: Any source or url for saying "Saylor’s rating h...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!