If the takeaways from this week’s look at time-related issues regarding MOOCs and other independent learning resources are: (1) On average, most MOOC and similar independent courses have a lighter workload than their brick-and-mortar equivalents; but (2) Independent learners have a higher level of responsibility to keep themselves on track than they would in a […]
Tag Archives | time
It dawned on me while taking the quiz associated with one of the latest lessons in Udacity’s Statistics class that I didn’t have the foggiest idea of what I was doing. This concern actually began last week when I got through a similar quiz by plugging as many numbers into as many equations as I […]
A couple of observations which, while not scientific, are informed by enough of the experiences I’ve been having as part of this Degree of Freedom Project to serve as the starting point for conversation about “class time” required to successfully complete a MOOC (or comparable free learning course): So far, the hours of lecture associated […]
I’ve been thinking a lot about time over the last several weeks (and not just because my kids have been yammering on since January about the new Dr. Who episodes that started last Saturday). For time is one of those key elements to learning that needs special attention in this age of new, technology-driven supplements […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- A Quick Announcement January 10, 2019
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- John: Actually it's not that that simple. You're spea...
- John: I'm not sure if you'll be reading this 5 years l...
- NEBRCU » Which are the most useful sites for college learners?: […] will get personalized and authentic Futu...
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!