Given the response I could expect if I proposed to a major publication my desire to write a 300-part series on a single subject (even one as important as the revolution now underway in online learning), I’m a big fan of what blogs allow individuals to accomplish on their own. That said, their reverse chronological […]
Tag Archives | scott young
Continuing my discussion with Scott Young, the guy behind the MIT Challenge, we start by looking at the motivations behind each of our particular projects, followed by a look at what what free learning signals to employers and the world at large. Note: This interview was recently incorporated into a new Degree of Freedom podcast which […]
If three data points make a series, then today’s interview (which follows discussions with the leaders of edX and Coursera) should establish this Friday spot at Degree of Freedom for continuing conversations with important voices in the world of free learning. Today, we’re going to switch from talking with company executives to talking with students, […]
One of the missions of this site is to help determine the nature of an independent learner, someone who can conceivably take advantage of MOOCs and other free-learning resources to do more than just take a course now and then. Not that informal continuing education isn’t an important aspect of free learning (in my interview […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- Critical Voter Curriculum March 1, 2016
- Lance: It isn't murder to try to mitigate the damage fro...
- sam: the simple question to me is can you value life ba...
- sam: but by switching the track you are killing the one...
- Manu Mitra: Any source or url for saying "Saylor’s rating h...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!