Before leaving the topic of sources for free learning, I wanted to highlight some other options you can look into if you’re trying to put together your own college education (or are just interested in exploring more ways to educate yourself a no cost). Canvas.net is another organization offering access to free classes on a […]
Tag Archives | modern scholar
This week, I’ll be taking a look at how different free-learning alternatives deal with the five most crucial components of a formal educational experience, including: Lectures Homework Reading Discussion Assessment While this discussion will include general observations about each of these elements, I will also use some of the classes I’m enrolled in to illustrate […]
So far, I’ve got the Degree of Freedom schedule together for all of my Freshman and most of my Sophomore year. Junior- and Senior-year schedules are a work in progress – as (I hope) are some of the MOOC and other higher-level courses I’m going to need to complete my planned philosophy major. So here’s […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- A Quick Announcement January 10, 2019
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- John: Actually it's not that that simple. You're spea...
- John: I'm not sure if you'll be reading this 5 years l...
- NEBRCU » Which are the most useful sites for college learners?: […] will get personalized and authentic Futu...
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!