Now that we’re a good three years past “The Year of the MOOC,” I decided to see how far we’ve come since the New York Times named 2012 after the massive open online course by looking at what it would take to put together a new One Year BA curriculum using free-learning resources available two […]
Tag Archives | futurelearn
Today we are joined by Russell Beal, “Critical Friend” for the (relatively) new UK MOOC provider FutureLearn. FutureLearn is a spin off from Britain’s Open University (OU), the world’s largest academic provider of distance education. And in today’s discussion, Russell shares his thoughts about OU, FutureLearn, and what the entrance of new players means for […]
I had mentioned that MOOC news would be coming quickly during the first few months of this academic year. And while the kickoff of the new UK MOOC provider FutureLearn has been anticipated for quite some time, the announcement of their first set of courses means the US-centric nature of MOOCs is likely to give […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- Critical Voter Curriculum March 1, 2016
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
- Lance: It isn't murder to try to mitigate the damage fro...
- sam: the simple question to me is can you value life ba...
- sam: but by switching the track you are killing the one...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!