This week, I continue my discussion with Michael Roth, President of Wesleyan University and the man behind Coursera’s The Modern and the Postmodern. Our conversation covers how his experience teaching a massive online course might impact how he teaches his live course in the future, as well as what MOOCs and other forms of technology-based learning mean […]
Tag Archives | wesleyan
Michael Roth is President of Wesleyan University and the man behind The Modern and the Postmodern, a popular undergraduate class at Wesleyan and one of the most interesting humanities MOOCs (offered by Coursera). I’ve taken Roth’s course (and reviewed it here) and in a wide ranging interview we talked about his experience teaching his first […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Is Florida Really Abandoning Common Core? – 1 February 14, 2019
- Civics and Critical Thinking February 7, 2019
- Re-inventing Civic Education – 3 January 23, 2019
- Reinventing Civic Education – 2 January 22, 2019
- John: Actually it's not that that simple. You're spea...
- John: I'm not sure if you'll be reading this 5 years l...
- NEBRCU » Which are the most useful sites for college learners?: […] will get personalized and authentic Futu...
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!