On this week’s podcast, MIT’s Director of Digital Learning Sanjay Sarma joins us to talk about what MOOCs mean both outside and inside the classroom. Professor Sarma is the Fred Fort Flowers and Daniel Fort Flowers Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, as well as the first person to hold the […]
Tag Archives | sanjay sarma
One of the things I’ve enjoyed most about plunging into the MOOC phenom is the willingness of those involved with it to listen to news both good and bad – both praise and criticism – with an open mind. You have to understand that this experience is rather new, having worked in or with a […]
While the notion of MOOCs and other forms of free learning providing an alternative to a traditional (and expensive) college education will continue to draw headlines, these new tools are already playing role (and generating controversy) based on their use inside the physical classroom. For instance, according to Sanjay Sarma, Director of MITx and MIT’s […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- Critical Voter Curriculum March 1, 2016
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
- Lance: It isn't murder to try to mitigate the damage fro...
- sam: the simple question to me is can you value life ba...
- sam: but by switching the track you are killing the one...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!