With the Essential Guide to MOOCs just a few weeks away from publication, I recently posted answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about massive open learning at the MIT Press website. That Q&A session is reproduced below. Also, if you’re in the market to take a free course or two, WGBH asked […]
Tag Archives | mit
I hinted at the possibility of filling the last slot in my Senior Year lineup with something other than a MOOC (or other free learning course). Lack of detail surrounding that option was due to the fact that I’ve been waiting for word on a writing project that would shuffle things up for the rest […]
On this week’s podcast, MIT’s Director of Digital Learning Sanjay Sarma joins us to talk about what MOOCs mean both outside and inside the classroom. Professor Sarma is the Fred Fort Flowers and Daniel Fort Flowers Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, as well as the first person to hold the […]
Because I’m majoring in philosophy for my One Year BA program, I’ve not had the chance to enroll in any of the computer sciences courses that have anchored the contemporary MOOC project since it got kicked off at Standard University with technology classes that are still some of the most popular courses on the Internet. […]
Just a few quick announcements today since I’m off to MIT’s Learning International Network’s Consortium conference shortly where I’ll be hearing how educators across the world are responding to the challenges and opportunities presented by MOOCs and other forms of free learning. This will serve as the backdrop for the theme of the week which […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Is Florida Really Abandoning Common Core? – 1 February 14, 2019
- Civics and Critical Thinking February 7, 2019
- Re-inventing Civic Education – 3 January 23, 2019
- Reinventing Civic Education – 2 January 22, 2019
- John: Actually it's not that that simple. You're spea...
- John: I'm not sure if you'll be reading this 5 years l...
- NEBRCU » Which are the most useful sites for college learners?: […] will get personalized and authentic Futu...
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!