I had hoped to start this series on what a One Year BA adds up to yesterday (as well as churn out one more newsletter/course review). But the day was instead spent trying to finish up this portfolio which documents the scope of work that has gone into this project. The portfolio was created using […]
Tag Archives | degreed
On today’s podcast, we’re joined by the founders of two different companies: Degreed and Accredible, each of which are dedicated to helping students – including MOOC students –signal their learning through the use of portfolio systems that take different approaches to how students can communicate their traditional and non-traditional educational accomplishments to the world. If […]
Going in no particular order, my first review of an independent education portfolio will focus on Degreed . Actually, Degreed is the site I got up and running first, which is why I’m in a position to share my Degreed dashboard with you so you can take a look at how the system presents information related […]
As I started to discuss last week, new hot product categories getting lots of investor attention (such as EdTech) tend to attract entrepreneurs ready to play a mediating role between consumers and new technology products (such as MOOCs). And one of the pleasures of being a writer/researcher working in a trendy field is that I […]
Continuing the subject I ended with last time (“What is college for?”), traditional answers to that question include: College is a time for intellectual exploration (and even indulgence) College offers young people a rite of passage between the end of adolescence and young adulthood Completion of a college degree provides a credential that can be […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Is Florida Really Abandoning Common Core? – 1 February 14, 2019
- Civics and Critical Thinking February 7, 2019
- Re-inventing Civic Education – 3 January 23, 2019
- Reinventing Civic Education – 2 January 22, 2019
- John: Actually it's not that that simple. You're spea...
- John: I'm not sure if you'll be reading this 5 years l...
- NEBRCU » Which are the most useful sites for college learners?: […] will get personalized and authentic Futu...
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!