As I mentioned recently, the time has come to start wrapping up a discussion of why college costs so darn much that began on this blog earlier in the year. That analysis actually started when a good friend who was familiar with my One Year BA project mentioned that, while she found that endeavor intriguing, wondered […]
Tag Archives | bennett
Over the last two weeks, I talked about two competing theories regarding why the cost of college has risen faster than any other product or service. One theory, summed up in William Bennett’s Is College Worth It?, lays blame for this hyper-inflation on schools themselves which have taken advantage of huge pots of available money […]
In a review of Archibald and Feldman’s Why Does College Cost So Much? (and an associated follow up), I alluded to what has become conventional wisdom regarding the high cost of college, a set of factors almost taken for granted in every other book or film on the topic I’ve reviewed this year. While so […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- A Quick Announcement January 10, 2019
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- John: Actually it's not that that simple. You're spea...
- John: I'm not sure if you'll be reading this 5 years l...
- NEBRCU » Which are the most useful sites for college learners?: […] will get personalized and authentic Futu...
- Fred Havir: Actually the Modern Scholar course exams are not e...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!