The latest version of the “Glass-Half-Empty” critique of MOOCs focuses on recent pull-backs of attempts to make massive online courses count towards official college credit. As this story highlights, legislation submitted that would require colleges to accept MOOC credentials in California and Florida has been quietly shelved. And programs designed to eliminate hurdles that were […]
Tag Archives | ACE
The loud debate over what would happen to traditional universities once students were able to receive actual college credit for completing a MOOC seems to presume that: (1) MOOC classes provided (and could measure) the same amount of learning as their brick-and-mortar equivalents (2) Presuming (1) was correct, mechanisms could be put in place to […]
One of things that motivated me to blog about this subject was a recognition that that the conversation about the MOOC phenomenon seemed to be getting ahead of itself, with too much discussion of how MOOCs might replace traditional college informed by too little end-user experience regarding the actual level of learning associated with taking […]
|Latest Mention of MOOCs: The Essential Guide|
|In the Age of Information, Specializing to Survive|
|The New York Times – March 20, 2015|
- Critical Voter – Fre-ebook Tuesdays June 21, 2016
- Critical Voter – Free at Amazon This Week April 4, 2016
- Announcements March 30, 2016
- Critical Voter Curriculum March 1, 2016
- sam: the simple question to me is can you value life ba...
- sam: but by switching the track you are killing the one...
- Manu Mitra: Any source or url for saying "Saylor’s rating h...
- Bel: Existentialism, learning and development and curat...
Sign up for the Degree of Freedom weekly news
Read course reviews, follow my progress, and read about trends in online learning — right in your inbox!